Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Here We Go Again

Today is my first appointment and the start of our second IVF cycle. We are praying that we get further this cycle and that we get to the egg retrieval and the transfer. We are praying that my body responds to the medications, we are praying for peace.

I have very mixed emotions as we embark on this journey once again. For some reason my fears are heightened this time, I believe it is because the least expected happened last month with the cycle being called off. I was really excited to start IVF last month, this month I am dreading it a bit and believe I have more realistic expectations. My mind is totally consumed with thoughts about this cycle and what is going to happen. I keep reminding myself that the Lord has given me peace about this, and that He has this and Monroe and I are being held in His arms. I am trying to keep my head up, stay strong and not fall apart.

What is getting me through? Knowing that the Lord has the perfect child for us, waiting for the right time. I can't wait to kiss those precious cheeks, swaddle that little body, and smell that little head. We pray for you all the time baby Campbell, we love you already more than you know, we can't WAIT to meet you.

The sky off our deck last night, reminders of the Lord's promises. "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27


5 comments:

  1. I love you so much. You are one tough cookie. I will be thinking about you and Monroe all day today. XO -mw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you from a comment you left on Emily's blog. I know all too well the feeling and emotions of infertility. I am on year eight now and we do not have the option of IVF because of other medical issues I have. I have heard from friends how trying the process is. I will be praying for you. I host a monthly prayer project on my blog for women who are or have struggled with infertility. There are some encouraging stories if you ever wanted to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still praying for you! Hoping everything works this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope yesterday was a good experience for you and that you are finding more comfort and hope with each passing moment! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across your blog through Instagram. I live in Greenville, SC and did IVF last year. Now I have almost 7 month old twins! I will pray for you that this cycle won't be too painful or get cancelled and that you will get a positive!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I read each and every comment and they make my day!