Monday, June 10, 2013

Some Before and After

I have had so much fun decorating and making our first house a home. The past few weeks, it has really come together. Thanks to my wonderful mom for helping me get everything in order before throwing a bridal shower for my sister in law last Thursday.

I thought it would be fun to do some before and after pictures. The before pictures are from zillow and what we saw when we walked into the house for the first time.

In this post I will be showing the entryway, dinning room, downstairs family room, guest bedroom and bathroom, power room, and breakfast nook.

Entryway:
Before
After
We changed the wall color to a much more neutral color. The walls throughout the main areas on the main floor are Maritime White by Benjamin Moore, and our trim is White Dove by Benjamin Moore. My mom thought to put my childhood dresser in the hallway, and put one of our kitchen chairs next to it. LOVE!! Would never have thought of that. I have a STRONG dislike for my front door, but can't do everything at once, and for now I will continue to cringe when I look at it. I also think a chandelier will give me more of a light feeling I am going for, the current one is sort of harsh. I am on the lookout for the perfect chandelier!

Dinning Room:
Before 
After
WOAH...there was a LOT going on in that dinning room! We added wainscoting, painted Dove White, and the wall color is Raspberry Pudding both by Benjamin Moore. I am really happy with the way the dinning room turned out. I am on currently searching for the perfect buffet, and once again a chandelier.

Family Room:
Before
Before
After
After
I am totally in love with our family room. I just love it! It is so relaxing to sit in here. 

Guest Bedroom/Bathroom:

Before
After
I have always loved this bedding, this was our bed and bedding when we first got married before we got our king bed. We actually left the wall color in this room because it went well with the bedding. Come for a visit you have a nice view of the golf course and a very comfy bed! :)
Before
After
After
If we had painted the guest bathroom first, our whole house might have been this color. The color is Wythe Blue by Benjamin Moore. It truly is my very favorite color. We kept this bathroom simple with pops of black and white. 

Breakfast Nook:
Before
After 
After
We kept our table and chairs that we got for our apartment in Dallas and slipcovered the chairs. Its not a huge space so we just have 3 of the chairs there for everyday use. The hazard of sitting at this table is this is the part of the house that seems to be hit by golf balls a bit. I love that we have this built in area that can be used as display in the kitchen it also provides for great storage. 

Powder Room:
Before
After
Monroe just finished the powder room last week. We took down the mirror lined mirror and put up molding to frame the mirror. Changed out the hardware on the cabinets and painted it Chinchilla Blue. I honestly thought I would never like this bathroom and hadn't even really been in it until this past week. Now, I love it and feel like it really fits with the rest of the house. 

Hopefully soon I will be able to share our bedroom and bath, as well as the upstairs. I will also hopefully sometime soon be showing the other bedroom that is downstairs that will be the nursery. Thanks for taking a little tour of our home!

5 comments:

  1. This looks so great!! I'm so excited for you guys and you've done a great job decorating. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love what you've done! The family room looks so much lighter and I love the bedding in the spare room. I can't wait to see your master bedroom / bathroom. Newest bloglovin follower via the hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style! It's simple and classic - definitely my kind of decor! :) And I LOOOOVE the color of your guest bathroom. We painted our little girl's nursery almost the exact same color!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I read each and every comment and they make my day!