Tuesday, July 26, 2011

2 Years....REALLY?!

Happy 2 year anniversary to us! :) First thing Monroe said to me yesterday was "can you believe it's been 2 years?" my answer to him was "no" as I was putting on my make up; and after really thinking about it, I can't believe it has been two years. These past two years have flown by. I think about how much we have changed as individuals and as a couple in the past 730 days. I think about all we have accomplished, and it is amazing to me that it has all happened in these past 2 years. We have made some amazing friends, traveled a lot, learned how to live together, and loved each other deeper than we did this day 2 years ago. I know we have only been married for 2 years, but it is really amazing to me how much our love has changed for each other. There is no doubt in my mind that we always loved each other, but the love we have after being married for 2 years is different; its hard to explain but it's wonderful, and a deeper love than I ever thought I could have.

We have decided that we would do our own spin on the traditional/modern anniversary gifts (really we pick which one is better then add our own touch) this year we went with the traditional gift of cotton. I bought Monroe a new dress shirt and bow tie, that he sported at my cousins wedding this past weekend; and he gave me a gift card to my favorite store so I can pick out my own cotton :) We had a great night together, just relaxing and talking, and of course watching the Bachelorette.

We are both so excited to see what the Lord has planned for us in this 3rd year of marriage. 

July 25, 2009

2 years later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I read each and every comment and they make my day!