Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sunday School Retreat

This past weekend we went on a retreat with our Newlywed Sunday School Class; to a ranch in Glen Rose, Texas (about 90 miles outside the city). We had so much fun. It was great to get away from the city and spend a weekend in the country relaxing. Monroe and I have been excited about this retreat since we first joined the Mason class; as time grew closer we were the only ones out of our group of friends that was able to go which was kind of a bummer, but we made many new friends which was really a blessing.

We spent the weekend doing many fun things; we went on 4 wheelers out in the fields, me of course stopping to look and "mooooo" at every cow we passed; while Monroe dreamed of a big giant buck emerging from the woods. The guys went fishing while the girls sat on the porch and talked, it was wonderful to be able to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful country Fall weather with out the hum of the city in the background. After dinner we had a campfire with all of the couples, we all got to know each other a little better at this point, as well as listen to some awesome advice from our amazing leadership team. What a blessing to have such amazing couples that volunteer their time investing in OUR new marriages. We then all went inside and started in an intense game of mafia, which neither Monroe or I had ever played before. We are both now addicted. It was so much fun, and for some reason I kept getting pegged as the killer....I only was once!! Then we retreated out to our tent, where I spent my first night camping. It was a BLAST!!!!

Once again we see how the Lord has used this class in our lives in so many ways, we are so thankful for the friendships we have made and for the lessons that we have learned, both of which will last throughout our marriage.

I am reminded from this passage from Mark 11: 24 "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Monroe and I prayed for so long to find a Church home and a group of Christian friends. The Lord has lead us to the right place, and we have found both and couldn't be happier.


Before the campfire
Wanted to get one last ride in Sunday before we headed back to Dallas
Mafia....so much fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! I read each and every comment and they make my day!