Monday, August 11, 2014

One Year Ago

One year ago today I saw something we had been praying to see for a long time, 2 pink lines on a pregnancy test. I was NOT supposed to take a test, in fact I had promised many (including myself) that I would not; however, when Monroe asked me to and said he would go buy one I caved. We were so excited, I can still feel that excitement today.

A year later....in some way it feels like it was just yesterday and in other ways it feels like a life time ago.  I never imagined that we would not have that baby today, that baby should be 3 months old and starting to laugh and coo. When we found out that we had lost that pregnancy, I thought that we would get pregnant easily when we did the frozen transfer a few months later. Those were some really hard days for us, and looking back on them I can see Gods grace and the way that He was working on our hearts.

As I sit here a year later still without a child in my arms I am still filled with hope. Monroe and I have so much faith that we are walking God's path for us, and that is so exciting. Surrogacy is not the path that I thought we would take, but it has been such an amazing journey so far. God sent us the most amazing selfless woman who is willing to carry our child for us. The hope and excitement that we have for the next few months is more than we have ever had before. Yes, I have some really hard days, and days where I really struggle but I am so ready for this journey.

We are so blessed by all the people we have praying for us, please continue to pray for us as we continue on this journey.

5 comments:

  1. You are sooooo incredibly strong! God has amazing things planned for you - I am certain of it. Continue to lean on him and I can't wait to meet your precious little one...in God's perfect time. ;) Sooner rather than later. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful outlook on this situation! Miscarriage is so hard, but I'm so glad you have found hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you, Katie! Hoping things are going well with your GC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are incredibly strong! Thanks for sharing your story
    http://becomeasurrogate-mother.weebly.com/beingasurrogatemother.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking at some of fertility boost supplements and saw the title of this post! I had to read it. Although I have not had a miscarriage, my husband and I had fertility issues for about 2 years. Those years shaped me and grew us so much. We were not able to conceive and had the blessing through Dr Michael Casper and i have male child called Miles on December 6, who are now 3. am very happy to be a mother and my partner a father,we are a big family now all because of Dr Michael Casper pregnancy fertility medicine .if you are passing through pregnancy issue kindly contact my Doctor on email michaelcasper@dr.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I read each and every comment and they make my day!