So in the theme of 5 on Friday, I thought I would list our top 5 things that we listed.
1. We are thankful for our Lord and Savior. We may not understand why the Lord has put this trial in our life, but He has and it is all for his glory. We are thankful for his saving grace, and that he has given us the strength to get through the hardest trial of our lives thus far. We trust that the Lord has a great plan for our lives and for our family, and we are so excited to see what that is.
2. We are thankful for each other. We would not be able to get through this journey without each other. Being brutally honest there are times when this struggle has made our marriage hard. There are times when I pull away, and am not receptive to what Monroe has to say. There are times when he withdrawals and pretends that everything is ok. We each have our own way of dealing with the pain, and disappointment, but at the end of the day we are in this together and we make a pretty awesome team. We are blessed with a strong foundation in our marriage and we can see how this trial has brought us closer together.
3. We are thankful for our families. We have two really amazing families, we are beyond blessed by our families. The love and support we have from each and every member is so wonderful. From going to doctors appointments, to dropping everything to come take care of me when I was sick, to just being a listening ear. So thankful for all of you, your support and unconditional love and cheering means the world to us.
|My side of the family|
|Monroe's side of the family|
We are missing three very important people in these two pictures.
1. Emilie, my brother's fiancé.
|Sweet picture right after they got engaged!!|
2. John, Sarah's fiance.
3. Ronnie, Allie's new hubby!
5. We are thankful for modern medicine and our amazing team of doctors and nurses. I know that I have said it before, but I really don't think there is a better group of doctors and nurses than we have at Fertility Center of the Carolinas. How many places can you cling to your nurse and sob when you know you have lost your baby? How many places call just to see how you are doing? How many places don't get annoyed when you ask the same questions a zillion times? (ok, lets be honest they probably do but they don't let me know it) We trust this team with my life, and of course the lives of our precious little ones.
Happy Friday friends, hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
Linking up today with both Lauren Elizabeth and Hello! Happiness