Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy 84th Birthday to a VERY Special Lady!!

Today is the birthday of one of my very favorite people, my Granma!! I was very blessed to grow up only a few minutes away from my grandparents. They have been a huge part of my life, never missing a birthday, a school function and especially not missing Christmas morning. One of my favorite traditions growing up, and still to this day, is Christmas morning. Tripp and I (and now Monroe) are not allowed to come downstairs until Granma, Papa and Uncle Chris have arrived. We sit on the stairs yes even as adults, and wait until they get to Mom and Dad's so we can open our gifts. As we have gotten older, the mornings are not as early as they used to be...but they were always there for the past 28 years on Christmas morning. I treasure these memories.

Out of all the people in my family, I am most like my Granma. We look alike, we act alike, we love clothes and fashion, we love to talk and laugh, love to cook, love wine, love to read, could sit on the beach for hours, we say words wrong and backwards, we love all things chocolate, any kind of ice cream, pizza with beer, and anything with garlic, and are SUPER silly. And..well...for those of you that know us, I know it is really hard to believe that we are both also pretty feisty, and a little tiny bit stubborn and set in our ways.

Most girls grow up and think "oh my gosh I just sounded like my mom" well not this girl I say "oh my gosh I just sounded like grams"!!! It doesn't help that I married someone who is very much like my Papa...so when I catch myself saying "Now Monroe don't get that pan too hot on the stove or it will ruin it" it is a direct quote of Granny saying "Now Paul don't get that pan too hot on the stove or it will ruin it." Papa and Monroe love us though, we have taught them a lot. :)

Like I said, it's hard to believe but I am a little stubborn; as a little little girl when trying to get me to say Granma I would defiantly say anything but Granma and that's how she has gotten so many great nicknames, such as, Bunky. She goes by Grams, Granny, Granma, Bunky, and her all time favorite Gertrude.

I have so many happy memories with this wonderful lady. She is one of the most beautiful people on both the inside and out. And lets just pray I age like her...lady doesn't have a wrinkle. :)

So Happy Happy HAPPY Birthday Grams, I love you more than you could ever know. Thank you for being the best Granma a girl could ever ask for. You mean the world to me and I can't wait to get to spend more time with you know that we will be back East. I hope that you eat extra chocolate cake tonight, and and have an extra glass of wine too. You are the best and I hope you know that!!

Here are some pictures to enjoy!

Love you!

Always Laughing!

3 Generations

Matching jackets. At Congressional Country Clube

Beautiful lady and handsome brother

Twin couples :)

Always a great hug

last Summer in St. Joe MI for a family wedding

TWINS

Cake topper that was on Granma and Papa's cake, Mom and Dad's cake and on our greeting table at our wedding. 


1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! I read each and every comment and they make my day!