Here are some highlights.
1. Meeting Maisie May McLeod. Daddy got Mommy a new puppy for Christmas; we ended up having to tell her around Thanksgiving and they flew to Boston to pick her up on December 8th. It had been killing me that I hadn't met my new furry sister. I was so excited to see her for the first time. She jumped right into my arms, and we were instant friends. She was so much fun to have around, lots of work, but so cute and so sweet.
2. Grown up pink onesie, with feet. AWESOME!! Sorry no picture!
3. Caps vs. Penguins game on Thursday the 23rd. It felt so great to be back in the Verizon Center and see EVERYONE wearing red. It was a great game, but unfortunately we lost. (later redeemed in the Winter Classic)
4.. Monroe playing stick and puck hockey with Brother and Daddy. Monroe had ice skated once in his life and really wanted to try to play hockey. Brother got him all outfitted and ready to play, and mom and I went to watch. I don't think we have ever laughed so hard. Monroe struggled to get his feet...once he was skating he actually (to all our surprise) did pretty well. I am glad the boys got to do that together, and I am even more glad that mom and I went to watch.
5. Watching the Tennessee Bowl game. Our neighbors came over with their giant lab, to watch the game. WE WON....OH WAIT NO WE DIDN'T!! Bad game, can't believe it happened to us twice in one year! Better luck next year! It was fun to watch Maisie and Baxter together; she desperately wanted him to play and he didn't want to at all.
6. Celebrating 31 years of marriage for Mom and Dad. Growing up we always celebrated mom and dad's anniversary as a family. We went to a Mexican restaurant in Old Town and the boys all had TEXAS sized margaritas, which also provided for some entertainment for me and mom.
7. New Year Eve. We are not big New Year's Eve people, in fact we all debated on if we were going to even stay up to watch the ball drop. We went to Five Guys for dinner (Yummmmm) and then came home and watched a movie, then as soon as midnight hit we all said HAPPY NEW YEAR, exchanged hugs and went to bed.
8. Watching the Winter Classic hockey game. Dad and Brother were supposed to go to the game, but the week leading up to the game the weather reports were really bad, calling for warm temperatures and rain; for a hockey game played outside that just wasn't going to work. So lucky for us they sold their tickets (even made a profit) and stayed home and we got to all watch it together as a family. Gramma and Papa came over to have dinner and watch the game. It was such a great game and the Caps beat the Penguins. We were all decked out in Caps gear and hats that mom had gotten the boys for their trip to Pittsburgh.
We had such a great time, and these are only a few of the fun memories that we made. I am so thankful that we were home. Thanks mommy and daddy for a great Christmas...sorry that I was so sick.
|Meeting my Furry Sister for the first time|
|totally in love with this pup|
|how cute is she??|
|Monroe taking a break from playing hockey :)|
|Winter Classic..hugging brother|
|Brothers hat in our picture|
|yup this is how we watched the game in my parents house|
|at the Verizon Center for the Caps game|