Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Hodge-Podge of Random Thoughts from Katie Campbell....

The past two days we have been iced into our house. Monroe has made it to work for a few hours each day, but my office has been closed. For those who know me well, it is VERY hard for me to sit still. Yes, there is nothing I love more than a long Sunday afternoon nap, but that is after a long hard week. I have a really hard time just sitting and doing nothing. Luckily I have had my work computer and have been able to get some work done, we have a very clean house, and I have gotten some good use out of that treadmill, and Tango and I have had some really long snuggles.

The past few weeks I have really been in kind of a funk. I can't really put my finger on why, but I just have been and I need to snap out of it. It is so silly to spend any day on this Earth, in a funk, especially when I am so blessed. I was running today, and one of my favorite songs came on, "Glorious Day" by Casting Crowns; it was really a motivation to me. I have struggled so long with being super skinny (something I haven't been in a long time), and  recently starting my running again to get back to being super skinny, but I realized that my body is a gift from God, and I need to have the mindset to work out to be healthy and to prepare my body to be a mother, and set an example for my future children.

Having so much time on my hands these past two days has really made me think how many times I say "I just don't have time for...." there really are too many things to list. The truth is, God always gives us enough time in the day to do His will. Each day has a mission and a purpose and a plan that He has set for us, how can I say I don't have time? I think about all of the things I have said "oh I don't have time for that" was that a missed opportunity? Did I follow God's path for me or did I veer from it? Jesus had only 1,000 days on this Earth to make the biggest impact any man has ever made. I need to make the most of my time and really prioritize, and fulfill my purpose. When I say "I just don't have time for...." what I am really saying is "that is not important to me"; when most of the time that "thing" I didn't have time for is important. Whether that "thing" is picking up the phone to make a call to a friend, or taking 15 minutes to straighten up the house, or taking the time to write someone I care about a note, or hitting the snooze button so that I have JUST enough time to get my run in, but not enough time to read God's word. I can't even tell you how many times I lay in bed at night and say "God, I am sorry I didn't have time to get into your word today, but I know you understand." Yes, this will happen, God has grace for that, but it is certainly not me living in His will. My new goal is to say "I don't have time to say I don't have time" because the truth is I do.  

This really was a random hodge-podge of thoughts, I guess that's what happens when I have a lot of time on my hands.
Tango all snuggled up in bed with me yesterday

our ice skating rink of a yard and street, this was before it got really bad

1 comment:

  1. You are such a blessing, Katie. Thanks for speaking truth... I love you :) Convicted and encouraged.

    PS... I love this song. It's such a great reminder of what's really important in life!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! I read each and every comment and they make my day!